Monday, December 29, 2008

The Other Christmas

Listening to : All Over You - The Spill Canvas



3 things I have realised since my great grandmother's death :


1) I been pushed closer to my cousins. And its probably the coolest present I've received this year.

2) I've learnt to be careful about what I wish for.When you ask for family/peace in the world for Christmas as 'obligations',they really might come true.

3) Fabian(okay,uncle Fabian) can deliver an eulogy that can make you cry.

4) I have a new-found respect for my grandfather.

5) It gets very cold at 4am in the void decks.

6) Bus rides with cousins are fun.

7) Your aunts teasing you about St Pat guys isn't.

8) Brandon is super,uber,very very annoying.

9) Singing Christmas carols to yourself can keep you awake for hours on end.

10) Its awesome to sing Christmas carols with your relatives.


I cannot,no matter how hard I try,describe my Christmas this year.
It was just very very different.
So I think I'll just keep the memories in my mind,and hope they don't fade.
Lets just say,for the first time in my life,I dreamt about my relatives.
It was a very nice dream.
Too far-fetched,but its not like your dreams come true anyway.
(Well actually,some do,creepily.Even the semi-impossible ones)

No comments: